Friday, June 10, 2011

An artist at 5

I remember in Kindergarten we had "stations" where we could do different activities.  There was a puzzle station, a playhouse, blocks and a variety of other things that I just cannot recall.  The only one I remember actually ever wanting to go to was the painting station.  I loved it.  You would put on a smock, which was really only a shirt that you wore backwards.  Then you got to stand at an easel and paint with a rainbow of colors.  Painting is definitely my best memory from kindergarten.

A couple of weeks ago I was going through some of my mom's old papers and I found this "painting".  It was one of my kindergarten masterpieces.  It made me laugh.  Yes, I did make my Z backwards.  But look at my use of color!  hehehe

I do love the colors, they are bright and happy.   I think I need to start painting again.  I need to paint like I am five.  No agonizing over little details.  No worrying about making mistakes.  Just do it for fun.  Be free and in the moment.  Be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment